Category Banner Adverts
Add two advertising spaces for the category page.
Before you start this tweak, it's a good idea to run through our preparation checklist below:
- Read through the Getting Started Guide to get a better sense of how the Control Panel, Database and Front End store interact.
- Learn our recommended Simple Workflow. This makes the implementation process as easy as possible.
- Create a new Staging Theme for this tweak. This allows you to preview any changes before they are visible to live customers.
Step 1: Setup the ad group
To add adverts to the category page you will first need to create an advert group.
- In the control panel, go to
Setup & tools > All settings & tools > Webstore Advertising Groups.
- Setup a new advert group named
Step 2: Create the adverts
Create an advert and set the "Group" to
category_banner_adverts and "Select location for ad to appear" to the desired category page. Repeat this step for the second category banner.
Step 3: Add the category page code
/httpdocs/assets/themes/[THEME-NAME]/templates/cms/category.template.html and paste the following code into the template where you would like it to appear:
[%advert type:'text' limit:'2' ad_group:'category_banner_adverts'%] [%param *body%] <div class="col-sm-6"> <a href="[@url@]" target="[@target@]"> <img class="img-fluid img-responsive" src="[%asset_url type:'adw' id:'[@ad_id@]'%][%param default%][%cdn_asset html:'0' library:'images'%]default_product.gif[%/cdn_asset%][%/param%][%/asset_url%]" alt="[@headline@]"> </a> </div> [%/param%] [%/advert%]
Customising this Section
More information on how to customise this section can be found within the Advert Documentation.