Category Banner Adverts
Two advertising spaces for the category page managed by Neto's marketing campaign manager.
Before you start this tweak, it's a good idea to run through our preparation checklist below:
- Read through the Getting Started Guide to get a better sense of how the Control Panel, Database and Front End store interact.
- Learn our recommended Simple Workflow. This makes the implementation process as easy as possible.
- Create a new Staging Theme for this tweak. This allows you to preview any changes before they are visible to live customers.
Step 1: Setup the Advert Group
- Go to Settings & Tools > All settings & tools.
- Scroll down to the Web Store section, and click on Webstore Ad Groups
- Click on the Add New button
- Enter category-banner-adverts in the Group Name field and hit the Save & Close button
Step 2: Setup the Advertising Campaign
- Go to Web Store > Advertising Campaigns
- Click the Add new advertising campaign button in the top-right corner
- Select Banner, Carousel Slide or Text Advert
- In the Group dropdown, choose the Group Name category-banner-adverts, and hit the Save & Continue button
- Under the heading Select location for ad to appear select the desired category and click Add
- Enter any desired content into the fields: Headline, Ad Text, Image, Call to Action Link Text, and Links To
- Click the Save and Continue Button
- Repeat this Step for the second banner
Step 3: Open the Category Template
The homepage template can be found here
Step 4: Add the Code into the Template
Paste the following code into the template where you would like the element to appear.
[%advert type:'text' limit:'2' ad_group:'category-banner-adverts'%] [%param *body%] <div class="col-sm-6"> <a href="[@url@]" target="[@target@]"> <img class="img-responsive" src="[%asset_url type:'adw' id:'[@ad_id@]'%][%param default%][%cdn_asset html:'0' library:'images'%]default_product.gif[%/cdn_asset%][%/param%][%/asset_url%]" alt="[@headline@]"> </a> </div> [%/param%] [%/advert%]
Customising this Section
More information on how to customise this section can be found within the Advert Documentation.